It's 100 days to go until the world's first Ferrari theme park opens, and the money-spinning brains behind Ferrari World Abu Dhabi have revealed some of the attractions on offer.
It's set on Yas Island, a 2500-hectare island dedicated to leisure, entertainment and lifestyle and is licensed out from Ferrari, who have no hand in its running. It's pure licensing profit for Maranello.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi: sounds like a franchise...
Yes, it does, doesn't it. Smacks of a lucrative franchise that could spread like a cancer around the world. Think Eurodisney and the like. The first branch in the Middle East will open its doors to money-paying punters on 28 October 2010.
The company today issued details of the 20 rides under the 200,000sq m red roof. It'll be massive – the world's largest indoor theme park. The attached image show a bird's eye view of what's inside.
The attractions at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Here's a verbatim list of the 'rides and attractions' at the new Ferrari theme park. Only read on if you're feeling brave.
• Formula Rossa The world’s fastest roller coaster, reaching speeds of 149mph
• Speed of Magic A fantasy 4-D journey following the adventures of a young boy as he travels through a kaleidoscopic dreamscape of natural and phenomenal environments, where no Ferrari has gone before
• Made in Maranello A virtual trip behind the walls of the famous Ferrari factory in Maranello, taking guests through the intricate process of making the world’s most sought after car
• V12 An exciting flume ride to the heart of a 12 cylinders engine.
• G-Force A thrilling tower ride that will shoot thrill-seekers through the red roof and 62 meters in the air before plummeting back to Earth, experiencing the actual G-force of a Ferrari, in a seat directly inspired by the Ferrari Enzo.
• Scuderia Challenge Cutting edge racing simulators similar to those used by the drivers of the Scuderia Ferrari in training.
• Viaggio in Italia A virtual aerial voyage over Italy’s cities and their main monuments, mountains and coasts pursuing a Ferrari.
• Fiorano GT Challenge A unique dueling rollercoaster with Ferrari F430 Spiders twisting and turning through tight corners on a sprint to the finish line.
• Bell’Italia A miniature recreation of Italy’s most famous locations, from the picturesque Portofino and the Amalfi Coast to Monza racetrack, the Colosseum in Roma, Venezia and Maranello, the heartland and home of Ferrari.
• Paddock A re-creation of the Ferrari motor home including garages, transporters & hospitality suites with interactive shows offering fans a taste of the true action behind the scenes on a Grand Prix race day.
• The Pit Wall An interactive theatre that allows guests to test their judgment in realistic racing scenarios.
• Galleria Ferrari The world’s largest Ferrari gallery outside Maranello, showcasing the most exclusive range of classic and contemporary Ferrari’s from all over the world.
• Junior GT A driving school for children with expert instruction where they will drive reduced scale F430 GT Spiders on an equipped driving course.
• Junior Grand Prix After the Junior GT driving experience, budding F1™ drivers can enjoy the race track in scaled down Ferrari F1™ racers.
• The Racing Legends A ride through Ferrari’s greatest racing moments starting from the first races all the way to today’s F1 victories.
• Driving with Champions An interactive 3-D show which follows the adventures of a young engineer who is taken on the ride of a lifetime with a racing champion on his first day working at the Ferrari factory
• Cinema Maranello Ferrari World’s own theatre showing ‘Coppa di Sicilia’, a short film that tells one of the many inspiring stories from the life of the legendary Enzo Ferrari.
• Junior Training Camp An interactive play area for children where they can engage with a waterless car wash, become custom ‘constructors’, climb up the grandstand, pilot remote cars, paddle their own miniature Ferrari and play with an F1™ car made of soft, guest-friendly foam.
• Carousel Featuring never-before-seen Ferrari prototypes based on winning designs from a Ferrari competition.
• Dining and Shopping A range of concept restaurants and cafes offering authentic Italian dining experiences, in addition to unique shopping locations.
>> Has Ferrari sold out? Click 'Add your comment' and sound off