The organisers of the British Motor Show are drumming up interest early for July's event and have issued a map revealing the layout of the show. Gone are the days of reliance upon new metal to draw in the crowds - the London event looks set to challenge theme parks as much as dealerships.
The British International Motor Show will be held at the Excel arena in London's Docklands from 23 July to 3 August 2008 and is set to attract key launches including the new Vauxhall Insignia, Lotus Eagle and, possibly, the Seat Ibiza three-door.
But there will be a barrage of non-metal attractions, including:
• Drift school where punters can learn how to oversteer
• Heritage enclosure with classic cars
• Watersports events with formation water-skiing
• Off-roading area sponsored by Land Rover
• Children's area including an under-age driving school sponsored by Peugeot
A full interactive version of the map is available at www.britishmotorshow.co.uk
Adult tickets for the show start at £10, children’s tickets from £6.
CAR Online will report live from this summer's bi-annual British show. Come back for all the latest news and announcements as they happen