Today we launch the #CAR50 microsite as the digital home for CAR’s golden anniversary in autumn 2012.
It’s where you’ll find heaps of new content exploring CAR’s history, from the cream of our 50-year archive to every single front cover since 1962. Click here to visit the #CAR50 microsite.
So what’s on the CAR50 microsite?
We’ll update the #CAR50 area regularly. We’re not publishing everything in one fell swoop, so come back every day to:
• Browse all 600 covers from issue one to the present day
• Read our pick of the best-loved articles from the CAR archive
• Vote in our poll to name the greatest car of the past 50 years
• Enjoy new blogs, as executive editor Gavin Green and the team head down Memory Lane
• Join the conversation: name your best – and worst – tales in CAR Magazine (to come)
As well as picking the cream of CAR’s back catalogue, we’ll add new articles weekly. For example, contributing editor Ben Oliver reviews a Ford Cortina – a car born in 1962, the same year as CAR Magazine. Read his amusing tale, never before told in the pages of CAR, here.
We need your votes too!
To help influence a feature in a future issue of CAR Magazine, we’d like you to vote in a poll to name the greatest car of the past 50 years. Over the past five decades we’ve driven significant cars, beautiful cars, fun cars, ground-breaking cars and the odd dog. Please visit our poll to nominate which is the greatest of all.
The results will be published in a forthcoming issue. And we’ll let you add the cars we’ve missed off and debate the shortlist too. Let the arguments commence…
So come by and visit the #CAR50. We hope you’ll enjoy browsing hundreds of new stories, front covers, blogs and galleries over the coming months.