► A digital preview of CAR magazine
► Take a guided tour of our latest issue!
► On sale in print, for tablets and phones too
The new May 2021 issue of CAR magazine is on sale now. For this month's cover story, we dig deep into BMW's future and uncover secret projects like a battery-electric, 1000bhp M2!
Every month CAR focuses on great storytelling, stand-out photography and an intelligent take on the motoring world, keeping you abreast of all the important developments of the past month. Read on for our digital preview.
Highlights of the May 2021 issue of CAR magazine
- Secret new BMW iM2! Our scoop on the all-electric monster M2 with 1000bhp
- BMW's i product plan We reveal Munich's 10-car EV assault in detail
- M3 vs classic rivals Meanwhile, the new M3 takes on AMG, Audi Sport and Alfa Romeo
- i20N: 300-mile test We drive Hyundai's Fiesta ST killer to the max
- Ford takes on VW The race to be your first EV? That's Mustang Mach-E, ID.4, Kona or XC40
- Lotus: 'we're going electric' First-ever interview with new Lotus boss, Matthew Windle!
- Lambo Sian: the big drive Full throttle in Sant'Agata's supercapacitor-fed bull
You can enjoy CAR in its traditional print format, or one of the swelling number of digital editions, optimised for Apple iPhones, Android devices, iPads, tablets and desktop computers. If you're worried about getting hold of your copy during the coronavirus pandemic, please follow our advice here:
If you like what you see here, give us a try. CAR magazine has been going since 1962 and has built a reputation for inspirational storytelling, stunning photography and a ruthless pursuit of original, truthful journalism that cuts through the white noise of most automotive coverage.
We publish the magazine on the second or third Wednesday of each month, and this website is updated daily with more fast-paced news, reviews, spyshots and features. Plus don't forget you can follow us on our popular social channels - Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.